Post-BSN DNP Admission Requirements
Applicants to the Post-Baccalaureate DNP Program must meet the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program with a cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.2 (where A = 4.0);
- Satisfactory combined score on the GRE (verbal, quantitative, and analytical and/or writing abilities). This requirement may be waived with a 3.4 GPA
- Current registered nurse licensure in the State of NJ
- Submission of the following materials:
- Personal Statement describing the applicant's nursing experience and future career goals
- Three letters of reference from professional sources that support the applicant's ability to succeed in the program; two of these letters must come from nurse academicians
- Two scholarly papers of which the applicant is sole author (these may be a published article, book chapter, or a paper completed for coursework)
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- Completed application form
- Application Fee
In addition to the requirements above, International applicants must also submit the following:
- An official review of their transcript by WES or CGFNS and results of IELTS
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (required of all applicants whose undergraduate education was completed in a non-English speaking country. Even if you hold a master's-level degree from a U.S. or other english-speaking country you must still take the TOEFL or IELTS test. Scores must be current within 2 years of the applied semester.
The minimum Paper based TOEFL score is 550.
The minimum Computer based TOEFL score is 213
The minimum IBT-internet based TOEFL (Writing 22, Speaking 23, Reading 21, Listening 17)
For more information on international applications visit http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/inter.shtml.